Thursday, April 29, 2010

It Stinks!

Unfortunately, I recently found out (last night) that there is a good reason why no one uses the Blender Game Engine: it stinks. Get more than a few objects running even simple logic brick tracking setups and the framerate plummets.

I'm not a coder. Even the simple logic brick arrangements I had were incredibly difficult for me to make work. And now they aren't an option. Sure, I could completely change that particular level but how long before I hit another serious limitation with the BGE.

Unity is a possibility, sort of. Again, it requires at least some knowledge of javascript. I have none. I suppose I could attempt to find a coder to help me but that didn't work out the last time I did that.

I don't know what I'm going to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment