Saturday, January 3, 2009

Decrapifying MySpace

When you're an unknown, unfunded musician, you can't afford to have someone create your website for you. This takes away from more important things like MAKING MUSIC but you don't have a choice because no one else is going to do it for you. I've just spent hours screwing around with trying to decrapify my MySpace page. The fact is, MySpace backend is a POS. Customization options are severely crippled and awkward to implement. The basic layout looks like something from 1998, not 2008. And layout generators tend to make a bigger mess. Unfortunately, I have to deal with it as a musician because people always want to know what your MySpace page address is. I finally found a great tutorial for dealing with the fugly that is MySpace. I'll have to get back to it later though, my brain is burnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment