Friday, May 1, 2009

Computer Update

For those of you who don't follow me on Twitter, I have ordered the parts for my computer. We were able to scrape together €345,32 for an AMD Athlon X2 7750 CPU,mobo, 2GB RAM,GeForce 9600 GT,and 580w modular PSU. I'm reusing the case (which I like and is in good condition), HDDs and card reader from a fried Compaq. All I can do for now is wait until the parts arrive.

I only had 3 or 4 songs to go before I called the album complete. The computer broke down at a bad time. It actually stopped functioning at the exact moment I worked out the direction I was going to take on the final version of I'm a Man (On the Moon) and begin recording it. Which, as you can imagine, was beyond frustrating. As soon as I get the PC rebuilt, that is the first thing I plan on finishing.

Since I haven't been able to work on any music, I've been working on concepts for 2d racing game reminiscent of the original F-Zero for the SNES. It's been rough with this crummy laptop, the GIMP just runs. Trying to do multiple things at once often results in the laptop freezing up. Despite that, I've managed to get quite a bit of artwork done. I'll post some of the images on my art blog soon. I'm going to seek out programmers once I get a bit more of the concept work done. If anyone knows someone that might be interested, please have them contact me via email: shanesemler (at) gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment